Tuesday 12 February 2013

Q&A: Jo's Hanoi Experience



Q : Where in Hanoi did you go Jo?
A : All of us (my family and I) visited mostly Halong Bay and the City of Hanoi. It was last year's family trip.


Q : Any memorable moments?
A : Plenty! Where do I even start? Well, the scenery at Halong Bay is stunning. Just stunning. I've never seen rock formations like these before. Halong Bay has many caves as well, surprise caves that are all unique in their own way. Each cave has its own 'feel' to it. The food is amazing as well! It's similar to Malaysian food but it is much healthier and a little 'lighter'. Think healthier nasi lemak! 

I had the opportunity to go to this wonderful buffet too! It was a classy set up and they served over 100 Vietnamese dishes. It was delicious! Since it was a relaxed holiday for my family, I guess we didn't really feel like hunting down different foods in the city, so this buffet was a great way to sample what Vietnam had to offer. Definitely memorable! My Jon-jon (Jonathan - Jo's son) really enjoyed himself!


Q : Why did you choose Hanoi as our next yoga retreat location?
A : Hanoi, well, for me, it is rather uncharted waters in terms of yoga retreats. The usual places people go for yoga retreats are Bali, or even Cheang Mai. I thought why not Hanoi? Sunrise yoga on board a cruise shop overlooking Halong Bay - now that would be amazing! Plus, it doesn't hurt that I've been there before, I've done my background research work of Hanoi, and I'm rather excited to share my experience with others.


Q : What makes this yoga retreat different from others?
A : I have to say, it is not a backpacking trip. This time, our trip will be rather comfy and we are going through an agent this time. Things will be run smoother and less time will be wasted searching for local ground tours. Everything will be planned right down to the small finer details. Everything is included. Because we are getting things in a group, it will actually be more affordable. We get to choose the hotels that we want and the specific places we want to visit. Our tour guide will be proficient in both Chinese and English. Basically, everything will be taken care of. It will be a stress-free holiday. A holiday where you can really kick back and enjoy! Reeeellllllaaaaaaaxxxxxxx......


Q : What really is a yoga retreat?
A : For me, a yoga retreat or should I say, Surya Yoga's yoga retreat this year will be a holiday trip with several memorable yoga sessions. It's a trip with yoga. It's really just that. It's a relaxation trip. Lots of morning and evening yoga sessions. It is different from a detox retreat. Detox retreats, we actually practice yoga throughout the day. Surya Yoga's detox retreat is in Janda Baik this year. I guess, yes. This year, Surya Yoga's yoga retreat will be a relaxation retreat. Strip away all that stress accumulated throughout the year!


Q : What do you hope from this year's Hanoi yoga retreat in September?
A : I want our members to bond! This is a chance for all of us to get together. Friends and family members are invited to join as well. We are a family. A yoga community. It's time to build friendships and bond over yoga, sightseeing, laughter and fun! It's really time to get to know each other better outside the studio and yes, off the yoga mat.


Q : How do I go about getting myself a spot on the yoga retreat?
A : Oh, simple. Call me. Give me a call at 016 2027417. My name is Jo. Or you can email us at mysuryayoga@gmail.com to book a spot and gather more information. I will call back and reconfirm things. I do hope many will join this year's yoga retreat! I'm super excited! Planning yoga retreats is actually one of my dreams in life. I'm not kidding, I'm actually rather serious! In future, if things go well, I hope to start a Malaysian yoga retreat center. No harm in chasing after a dream right? Call me for any inquiries. I'm more than happy to answer any questions!





No comments:

Post a Comment